Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Monday, August 20, 2018

10 Years of Dragon Con!

This labor day weekend marks the 10th anniversary of my artwork getting accepted into the Dragon Con Art Show.
Ever since attending this amazing convention for the first time, I dreamed of being a part of their art show. With encouragement from my family I attempted to join the show. But was rejected by the judges. :( The next year I reluctantly applied again. 2008 was apparently my year, I passed the jury.
I proudly set up my booth with my make shift signs and backdrop. I felt like a fraud that first year. I was selling my artwork next to amazing artists, with years of experience behind them. No matter what I felt or not, the artists and art directors welcomed me into the DCon family.
This was the set up at my 1st craft show ever, as you can see my booth has come along way from this first tiny show.
I didn't even have sculptures yet and Yes, that is a poster-board sign with masking tape. LOL

More handmade signs and displays.
My family and I call this colorful table cloth "the magic carpet" and it has been covering my booth table every single show since 2007.

2009 and you can see my booth is looking a little more put together. 

2nd Dragon Con booth set up. Not too bad, still had so much to learn though.

2011 Dragon Con booth set up. Starting to look legit? 
Dragon Con is the largest Sci-fi/Fantasy convention in the South-East, with over 80,000 attendees last year, but only a decade ago it was bringing in 30,000 people, still the largest show I had ever been a part of.
10 years later and this art show has proven to be my most successful convention each year. I have won several awards in the Art show, from best fairy to best horror, believe it or not. :)


I have also met the most crazy yet most interesting people here and made many friends and con buddies.
I completely believe you never stop progressing and improving as long as you keep doing, and the same goes for shows/conventions.  Each year I learn something new about my art and the business.
2014 booth set up.

2015 booth set up.

2016 booth set up.
2017 booth set up.
Though it is a stressful time, getting ready for this convention every year;
Taking months to build inventory and working many nights and weekends to prepare, I love this Art show and the inspiration it has been for me.

Here's a look at how far my artwork has come in the 10 years of Dragon Con. :)
Dragon pals 2008

Dragon Pals 2011

Dragon Pals 2014


Dragon Pals 2018
Steampunk Dragon Pals 2012

Steampunk Dragon Pals 2013

Steampunk Dragon Pals 2014

Steampunk Animal Pals 2013

Steampunk Animal Pals 2014

Steampunk Animal Pals 2015

Steampunk Animal Pals 2016
Looking forward to being apart of Dragon Con again this September. Can't wait to see everyone there. :)
Thanks to everyone that has supported my art and encouraged me over the years. And Thanks to Dragon Con for letting this little artist be a part of this awesome show for 10 years. :)

A super special Thank You to the people that help me at the show every single year, without these few I would not be able to handle the stress of those 4 con days. I love you all so much and appreciate all your help. Laralee, Julie, JR and my sweet wonderful husband.

Thank you for reading!
~Caralyn


No comments: