Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dragon Con withdrawals

Sorry it took me so long to blog about Dragon Con, there is always so much stuff to catch up on after a long vacation.
Well I’m glad to report that Dragon Con went smoothly. A great deal less hectic then last year. I think it went really well. I sold some prints and a bunch of my Myxies found new homes along with there dragon pals. The trading cards I was working on are all gone now so I’m probably going to start doing those every year, people seem to really like them. Also I was extremely excited to sell a painting and a scratch board in my gallery. YAY!
As always I met a barrage of interesting people. The artists that attend D-Con are always generous folks that willingly give me all kinds of advise. So are the people that stop by my booth, I seem to have the most colorful conversations with them. As always thank you to everyone that stopped by to see me. I got a lot of feedback that was greatly appreciated.
While I was there a met a few ladies that run FroliCon an adult SiFi Convention that is held every Easter weekend. http://frolicon.net/default.aspx They really enjoyed my work and they asked me if I would be interested in doing the concept art for their 3rd year. It’s so exciting so I’ll let you know how that goes. I also got to met a talented artist Peter Steigerwald who works for Aspen Comics. He gave me some advise and tips on my art, I’ll admit I went a little fan crazy on him. There was some nerd-dom…it was embarrassing. :P
All in all my 2nd year at Dragon Con was a success I think so I will definitely be signing up for it next year.

Thanks everyone!
Caralyn

No comments: