Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A place for my Myxies

Only sixteen more days until Dragon Con and I still have so much to do.
The project I am presently working on is MYXIE LAND! The second happiest place on earth :)
It’s a stand for my Myxies. Before, now my little creations were homeless, sitting on a cold table at each show waiting for that special someone to come along and give them a home *sniff sniff* but not anymore. Now they will have a happy little shelter, a place to rump and play while they wait for their new family to adopt them.
It’s a beautiful dream come true.

I started with craft foam. Craft foam is that stuff usually used for silk floral arrangements, but I’m using it for the base of the stand. It is light, Thank goodness, I have enough to haul to shows without adding a 20lb Myxie habitat. Also craft foam is not difficult to shape, so carving hills into it a breeze.
Covering the foam in a green felt creates a nice illusion of grass and topping that with craft moss and flowers completes the naturalistic effect.

The last part is going to be a large tree that will enable me to have a place for my hanging/flying Myxies. The tree I am using was actually old decorations I purchased after Christmas. YAH DISCOUNTS! It isn’t quite the right shape, unfortunately so I will need to shave off a few limbs and crop the base until it's right.

Well, all this is going to take some time so instead of jack-jawing with you fine folks, I’m going to get back to work.

Tootles

No comments: