Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Friday, April 16, 2010

Gather Around Kiddies and I’ll tell you a tale

So some of you may know that I have started working with Artist Trading Cards (ATCs). Little blank playing cards that you draw on, Paint or whatever you want really. I like to draw little pictures on mine and then color them with Markers. I’m really enjoying them and people seem to be responding well to them. I made about 10 for Dragon Con and went home with 0. Well I just recently got back to drawing a few more. I finished about 7 cards, then inked them before coloring them with Markers. Love that Coloring as you all probably know :P Anyhoo, I usually ink my work with felt-tip pens, I just like them cause they don’t bleed but usually bleeding isn’t a problem because after I ink my work I scan it to color it. So if I don’t have a felt-tip I just reach for whatever is there. So I just used some random ball-point to ink the ATCs I was working on. However I do all original ATCs so I color them before scanning. Much to my chagrin, this would be a bad decision. Now it was time to color and My Prismacolor markers, which NEVER bleed, started running wildly with the black ink, making a lovely mess out of the cards UGH! At first I thought it was the type of paper I was using but luckily before I had ruined to many I figured out what was the cause and stopped coloring. I wasn’t able to save the two I’d screwed up and the others will now have to be scanned and colored in PhotoShop. So the lesson for today kids is Ball-point pins don’t play nice with Markers…Remember that, it may save your lif….errr art :)

Go and learn from my mistakes. Later!
~Caralyn

No comments: