Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Monday, January 9, 2012

Zombies, Zombies Everywhere and not a Brain to Eat














































So I have been working on this project for the better half of 9 months but I wasn’t able to tell you lovely people about it because it was a Christmas present for my husband and he reads my blogs…go figure.
A few years ago he had an idea for a Zombie comic book and he just so happened to know an artist :D so I volunteered to illustrate it for him. Well at that time we had so much going on…i.e. we were planning a wedding…no big thing right? LOL So needless to say the comic book project got pushed to the bottom of the priority list. Well assuming that my hubby had pretty much forgotten about it or just decided it wouldn’t ever get done rather, I thought it would be nice to try and finish it for him, at least the 1st issue. Sneakily I sketched away at the panels the whole time trying to keep it a secret…which I am normally SOOOO bad at and after 9 LONG months I completed his book. Yeah I know that is a long time for a 20 page comic book and if I had an agent he would’ve been all over my case about taking too long but my excuses are as follows…1, I’m not very good at drawing the male form, gross stuff like, oh I don’t know ZOMBIES or mechanical things such as guns and this book was just slap full of that stuff. And 2, I was having to only work on it when my husband was not around, and since we reside in the same house…it was a chore. Anyhoo I was able to complete the book and have it printed in time to present it to him on Christmas morn…Yes, he loved it :)
But now that the gift has been given I've posted a few sneak peek photos for you all…Just a few of the sketches, the cover and some panels. What do you think?

Thanks for reading!
~Caralyn

No comments: