Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Preparing for Dragon Con

Getting ready for Dragon Con would’ve been so much easier if the organizers had let me know a bit sooner…but I can’t complain because at least I got in, right.

So now, on my agenda for the art show:
First, making more myxies. I have several ideas for some I think will be really neat but unfortunately I only have time for a few…Alas. *PANS* I am making two pans, these will be my first try at sculpting pans and I’m excited to see how they turn out…so far so good. Also I have now made Myxie wind chimes I call them Mynd Chimes …just kidding. Then I need to make about seven more regular Myxies, and about a zillion more Myxie pals, and that’s going to take awhile. The process is going slow but undoubtedly worth every minute.

Next on the agenda, inventory organization. At past shows I just had a box with my art in it, the customer would ask for a print and I would fumble though the box until I found the right picture. Well that’s not going to cut it anymore, I’m playing with the big boys now. I have to get my stuff straight for the D-Con… Plus it will just make it SO much easier to find prints for customers if my art is all accounted for and organized.

Then comes ordering more supplies (bags, business cards, mats, etc..) this is not my forte, I prefer doing just the fun stuff, my art. But these things are essential to running a business. Fortunately I have family and friends that help me with that side of things.

And with a multitude of other galling little tasks to fulfill, I am a busy little beaver. But I am excited about Dragon Con so I promise not to stress over it too much.

I don’t know about you but I’m tired now.

Thanks for listening,
Caralyn

No comments: