Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Never-Ending Story...er Drawing.

OH MY GOODNESS! This picture is taking forever…sorry I guess I should expand on what the heck I’m talking about. Okay so ya know a few weeks ago I blogged about a picture I was working on of Aragorn and Arwen?...if you didn’t read it here it is. http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=201883352&blogId=470260667

Anyway I normally do a cartoon/comic book style with my art, dark outlines and bright colors. Well with this one I was thinking I would try a more natural approach something that looked a little more realistic…and let me tell you it is taking FOREVER! Ugh I spent 4 hrs just coloring her hair yesterday. Incredibly tedious. Don’t get me wrong it’s turning out pretty good I think and since I am coloring it on Photoshop makes it easier to get the look I’m trying to. But it is very slow going.
I’m sure it doesn’t help much that I’m a perfectionist when it comes to my art. After I finish a picture I should never be able to look at it again because every time I do I find something else I think I should fix. That’s why I have so many “unfinished” pictures. Of course I’m not to that point on this picture yet…I’m still filling the lines in I won’t start picking at it until it is fully colored and to everyone else that isn’t crazy like me, it is complete…Then the unrelenting flow of self criticism and nitpicking will erupt from me until I have the picture exactly the way I want it…or I give up and storm off defeated. Wow it sounds like it’s almost routine for me doesn’t it…no comment. Okay I just thought I would take some time to let you know how hard I am working…as if there was ever any doubt :P
Oh well I’m off to fuss with the picture some more.

Talk at you later.
~Caralyn

No comments: