Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It’s Just So FABULOUS!

Helllllo Friends!
So I totally got this fun idea for a picture I am working on…Okay really it’s kinda cheesy but I think it will be totally fun because it makes me feel like I’m back in elementary school doing arts and crafts. Those were the good ol’ days. Okay so the picture I have I did on about a 20x24 white board. It is of a dragon, just like the head and upper torso of the dragon. I was bored and sketching one day and I wound up drawing a pretty good looking dragon so I redrew (or attempted to) on the white board, but I had to make him larger to fit on it. He still looked pretty good but now that it wasn’t a 4X7 sketch on notebook paper…the dragon seemed to need more detail…he was detailess I tell you! Anyhoo So I was thinking of ways I could color him to give him more depth and nothing seemed to be doing it for me. So I shoved him to the side for a few days, like an outcast…how tragic. Then while rummaging through some art supplies I got from a friend, I found the coolest craft tool of all time. GLITTER! Yeah Baby, glitter is the bomb. So my splendiferous idea was I would color him, not with markers or paint but with GLITTER! Now I know what you are thinking…It’s gonna look like it belongs in a Las Vegas show but I promise I won’t make it that flashy. Next I plan to make a diorama with a shoebox..just kidding :P

Well back to art class. :)
~Caralyn

No comments: