Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Thursday, June 10, 2010

We're Painting the Roses RED!

I’ve been working on a 3 piece Wonderland series recently. So far I have completed 2 of the paintings and I’ll be starting on the final piece next week. The one I’ve just finished is of the Queen of Hearts. I did her on 15x20 white artist board with water colors. She is in a red and purple dress with hearts and cards on it. In the back ground of the painting I did white roses that have been painted red. This was EXTREMELY difficult to accomplish. I had the hardest time getting the roses to look like they were painted and not that I just didn’t color them in correctly. I tried dripping the paint onto the roses, but that didn’t look right and wouldn’t dry either. Next I tried smearing paint a crossed it and needless to say that made a mess. So then I just painted each rose leaving spaces and dripping the paint off the roses. At first I was not happy with it but after adding shadows and highlights it actually turned out pretty good.
So now here she is. Let me know what you think.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=201883352&albumID=1475118&imageID=35415411

Also I’ve been working diligently on some brand new Scratch Art for Dragon Con, I’ll try and post photos soon so keep checking my blog for up dates.

Have a Great Day!
~Caralyn

No comments: