About 3 weeks ago I started working on a piece, it was sort of an experimental project. I was trying to combine sculpting and wood and other mixed media to create a 3D picture effect that would no doubt blow the minds of everyone that laid eyes on it and that is exactly how it came out…in my mind but in reality it was a big weird mess. I just couldn’t get it to look right. So after starring at it for about a week trying to figure out how to fix it, I finally decided it wasn’t working and I needed to scrap the idea. But since I had already put work into sculpting a cute Steampunk girl sculpture that was meant to be the center of the “project”, I ripped her off the bit of wood base she was attached to so I could use her for something else…but what? She had no legs and no arms and I didn’t think my fans would be interested in seeing a Myxie torso. After mulling over my options for about 3 hours, it hit me…an idea, not the Myxie :P I’ll make her a Steampunk Centaur! Spent all last night sculpting her cool mechanical looking polymer clay arms and I plan to get started on her mechanical horsey butt this afternoon. Soooo excited, I can’t wait to see how she turns out, she has been sitting so patiently on my art desk for 3 weeks now and FINALLY she will have a body…needless to say she is very excited too :)
She looks very naked and bodiless right now but I will take some photos as I go and post them soon.
Thanks for reading, keep checking my Blog for updates!