Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Death waits for no Man…cause She is impatient.

























The first day I spent 7 hours sculpting a body (not including the head) that is about 6-7 inches sitting down, about 2 and a half times the size of any of my Myxies. Because the body was larger then what I normally work with I had to bake it in sections. Started with the torso and after baking it for about an hour I added the hands and feet, then baked it for another 2 hours. The second day I spent 6 hours sculpting skulls, and let me tell you that was hard. Sculpting a face is much different then sculpting a skull, it took me few tries before I got it to look right. Now that I’ve told you about some of the work that has gone into it, I will tell you what the heck I’m talking about…
So I have this picture I did about hmmmm 4 years ago, it’s of a Female Grim Reaper. I call it She Death…real original I know :P Anyway I liked the concept so much I decided to turn it into a sculpture. The picture has Death leaning against a pile of skulls, unfortunately I couldn’t get her to stand cause she is heavy and my oven is small so her head would’ve touched the top so I have her sitting on a pile of skulls. She will be one of my Dragon Con Gallery pieces and I can’t wait to show her to everyone. She is far from being done but I do have a few progress/detail pictures to show you. What do you think so far?


P.S. sorry about all the naked Myxies...I haven't had time to put clothes on them yet, SHAMEFUL!!! LOL :P




Thanks for reading!


~Caralyn


No comments: