Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Thursday, February 12, 2009

All Work and No Play Makes Caralyn a Dull Girl

Hiya!
Oh Boy, I’m so excited about a new picture I started sketching at work when I was supposed to be taking calls…don’t tell my boss. It started out as just a doodle but as I was drawing, the idea came to me. It’s nowhere near ready for scanning so I’m not going to ruin the surprise by telling you what it is…Okay no need to twist my arm I’ll tell you :)
It’s my rendition of Arwen and Aragorn from “Lord of the Rings”. I drew an Elf woman in a silk looking dress and a rugged man with a cloak. He is sort of embracing her. At first I was just drawing a girl but she turned into an elf. My sketches usually end up taking on a fantasy/si-fi feel because…well because, who doesn’t love si-fi and fantasy! Then I added the man, I went through a few different drafts with him. I thought about making him a vampire but I’ve already done that with my Vampire & Nymph drawing I did a couple years back. I try not to duplicate too much. After a few moments of pondering is when I got the idea. I really think it’s coming along nicely. I still have a few more details to add before I can ink it and my work always seems to turn into something else, so when I’m finished it probably will be completely different but for now it is a human/elf couple.
Well I’m going to add it to the pile of things I’m working on…that never seems to get smaller… cause I keep adding to it.

Back to work…or not,
~Caralyn

No comments: