Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Monday, February 23, 2009

Don't mind me while I go off on a little tare

I was looking at the hits on my store the other day and not to brag or anything but I’m getting quite a lot. For a small store that has only been around for 2 years I was feeling very good about the amount of people checking out my store. But despite all the traffic I am getting my sells aren’t doing too well. And when you measure the hits against the sales it makes you wonder why the merchandise isn’t moving faster. I was thinking maybe I was charging too much for my work, but when you put money and a great deal of time into something you can’t just give it away. I set my prices based on my effort, and my effort certainly hasn’t changed. Then it occurred to me that it wasn’t my work or the pricing it was more that people just aren’t spending money right now. Everyone is having hard times and when that happens, “unessential” items such as art, are some of the first things people cut out. Not that I’m blaming them, I understand full well that if money is tight, you have to cut the little pleasures out occasionally. But that can really hurt an artist that is just starting out. And I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s sales have been affected. I’ll be fine, I have a nine to five that pays my bills, but I feel sorry for the artists out there that are trying to live off their art. But unfortunately there isn’t much you can do about it. So I am going to continue to put my art out there and hopefully it won’t be too long before the economy picks up and people begin their spending again.
Good luck to all my fellow artists out there that are trying to share their work with people.

Thanks for listening,
~Caralyn

No comments: