Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ball Jointed Art Dolls

Greetings Art Fans!

I’d like to introduced you to an art fad that has been growing rapidly the pass years. Ball Jointed Art Dolls! These dolls are articulated with ball and socket joints and cast in polyurethane resin (a hard, dense plastic) and the parts are strung together with a think elastic…so they are kinda like G-I-Joes. These Dolls are made easy to customize, by painting their face, changing the eyes and hair and clothes. And these aren’t just for kids…in fact the majority of people that adore these dolls are adults…and who could blame them, you never grow out of wanting to play with dolls :)
A friend just recently sent me to a blog filled with exciting customized Dolls. Each one is unique and the detail is incredible. I really enjoyed scrolling through this Blog “OtherSide”, I don’t have the resources right now for such delicate dolls but the creative face makeup inspires me, so you may be seeing some interesting sculptures by me soon!

Check out the “OtherSide” Blogspot
http://otherside-zun.blogspot.com/search/label/Make%20up

Happy Arting!
~Caralyn

No comments: