Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Stop complaining and get back to work!



Finished sewing She Death’s cloak last night. I used a dark brown for the fabric instead of traditional black, I thought it matched better with the gold on her clothes and Scythe. She actually came out looking like she is part of a Greek Mythology but she still looks really neat. Plus my husband said the Reaper was quite prevalent in most Greek Myths so I’m just going to say I purposely made her like that ;P
Her cloak was a bit of a tedious task because my little sewing machine wasn’t wanting to cooperate so I had to do it all by hand. The cloak is only about a 12x12 piece of fabric but it was still a good 3 hours of stitching…ugh not fun on my fingers.
Her Scythe was no picnic either. Since it is thin it was difficult to sculpt on one side without smooshing the other, so I was forced to continuously flip it back and forth so one side didn’t end up flat…still kind of happened that way though…doesn’t look bad so I’m okay with it. :)

Anyway, She Death should be completely finished tonight so I will hopefully have photos for you Monday, until then, I’ve posted a Photo of her Scythe for you to check out.
Thanks for reading!
~Caralyn

No comments: