Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Headache of the Week

Man, Dragon Con snuck up on me…I was thinking I had plenty of time and then BOOM it hits me that it is only a month away. I still have so much I need to get done before the show. I’m sure I’ll have time I just HATE running crazy the last minute. I was hoping to have everything done at least a month before. Alas it never goes as smoothly as I plan.
The headache of this week is trying to get frames for the art I am hanging in the Gallery. I have gone to numerous stores looking for the right frames for each piece…the problem is some of my art is not a traditional size so frames are almost impossible to find. You have to have them custom made and that can take awhile and as I said I’M RUNNING OUT OF TIME! I know, I know, I should’ve started earlier well…one like I said I thought I had more time and two I come from a long line of procrastinators…it’s in my blood, not my fault. So the race is on, I’m scrambling to get this stuff done while finishing my art and working full time. Good Lord I need a vacation. But underneath all the stress I’m super excited about the Con this year. I have bunches of new art for the Gallery and PrintShop. Also have an auction table this year for a few special sculptures. And since I did it last year I will know a little more of what to expect so it’s not so stressful. But it’s still crunch time so I will get back to haphazardly preparing for Dragon Con.
Keep checking my blog for updates of my work and my stress level :P

~Caralyn

No comments: