Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Friday, March 25, 2011

Wedding Cake Topper








Hello Everyone, working hard on a Wedding Cake Topper commission this week. I was really excited to get the request, it just feels great to be able to add to someone’s special day. Also it’s been really fun designing the piece. My customer asked me to make a Dragon with a Fairy riding on it’s back. This is my first full length Dragon so it was a bit of a challenge but he came out great and I learn a lot as well.
It took 5 packs of pearl polymer clay for his body and 3 feet of wire armature to make him stand, approximately 7 inches. I then added the swirly, decorative designs with white polymer clay and gold paint. I was nervous about the wings…I wanted them to be bat like but still match the swirls of his designs and the spikes along his back. They were difficult and I had to redo them about 3 times before I got them the way I wanted.
Anyway the Dragon is complete now, What do you think?

Still putting the finishing touches on the fairy. Once she is all done I’ll get photos and post them for you.
Thanks for reading
~Caralyn

No comments: