Come enjoy my world of Fantasy and Steampunk creations.

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Mystic Reflections' Creations

Caralyn's Events and Appearances

  • Aug. 30th - Sep. 3rd - DragonCon: Atlanta GA
  • Feb. 23rd-24th 2018 - ConNooga, Chattanooga TN
  • Nov. 17th-19th 2017 - Atlanta Steampunk Exposition: Atlanta GA
  • Nov. 11th - 12th 2017 - Christmas at Lithia Springs High school, Lithia Springs GA
  • Oct. 7th 2017 - RevFest: Rev Coffee Smyrna GA

My Blogs

Let's see what I have been up to. :)

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Dia de los Muertos Sculpture

So I've finished working on my next Framed Sculpture. Though I super enjoy the fairy tale themed pieces, I got a fun idea for the next one that isn't fairy tale based.
I have become fascinated with the Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead face paint. I think it is just beautiful! So this was the bases for my latest framed sculpture.
As with my other framed sculptures. I started by sculpting the accessories and the back drop on the frame. I also painted the frame, I thought an aged white would go nicely with the light purple and pink roses.




After that, I sculpted the main part, the beautiful Lady D'Muertos. Her face paint was incredibly fun to experiment with. I first tried out different designs on paper, then penciled them on her face and painted over it.

Then I was ready to add her hair and attach her to the frame. Now she is ready to give a Mexican Holiday flare to the Dragon Con Art Show, where she will be on Display in the Gallery.




Thanks so much for reading everyone! Keep checking my blog and Facebook page for updates on my latest pieces.
~Caralyn

No comments: